With our first go-live for Workday@Langara coming up on January 6, 2020, the next few months will include lots of opportunities for our faculty and staff to learn more about Workday, our new software for our finance and people and culture systems.
In January, our faculty, staff, instructors, and leaders will use Workday to do the following:
- Personal administration (e.g. request vacation, view pay statements, change address, etc.)
- Finance tasks (e.g. expense claims, purchasing requisitions, creating budget reports, etc.)
- HCM (People and Culture) tasks (e.g. hiring faculty and staff, managing your team, etc.)
We know this is a busy time for everyone at the College and we hope you can all find some time to learn about the coming changes.
Here are a few things you can do get ready for Workday:
- Sign up for one of our demo sessions.
- Request a presentation to your team or department.
- Attend one of our joint info sessions on IT Changes, the new myLangara, and Workday on Nov. 6 and 7.
- Join our mailing list to receive key updates on Workday@Langara.
- Keep up to date by checking our website and reading The Langara Post.
- Look out for key dates and deadlines as we prepare for go-live in January.
- Mark your calendars – our instructor-led training will start on November 25.
- Our Workday Training SharePoint site will launch in late November.
- Save the Date: December 11, 2019. This will be our final Workday@Langara event of 2019! Details to come.